After that we took a ride over to the Island for a few final purchases. This time we forgot to bring her traditional Chinese dress for the red couch photo. Our guide didn't really organize a photo time, so we made some time on our own to carry on this dying tradition. Since we forgot her dress, we bought a second one for her photo. As you can see, she is completely adorable in her dress. She looked a little lonely on the couch, so we were happy when a couple of other families offered to take the photo with her. She towers above them all, but we think she is perfect.
The afternoon loomed ahead with nothing to do. After about an hour of room time, Leah got a call from her friend asking if she wanted to go swimming. We checked with Leah as we thought she might be a little afraid of the pool since she had never been swimming before. Nope, she was completely excited to try out swimming. The most difficult thing about it was getting our extremely modest girl into a swimsuit. No Leah, you don't wear underwear with a swimsuit. Once in the water, she did a great job. By the time she was done in the pool (or should I say by the time we forced her out) she could already do a reasonably good breaststroke.
By the end of the swim, Leah was starving. McDonalds to the rescue--hey we had to recoup our losses from yesterday's expensive Coke snafu. Now she is showered, full, and tired...I don't think she'll last too long tonight.
Been following your blog while you are in China. I've tried posting messages a few times, but they I don't think they went through, so heres hoping this one does. Leah is absolutely beautiful and tell her I love her haircut, very very modern. I love her personality shining through in the photos. I'm so happy for your family. When you return, if you need anyone to translate, please don't hestitate to let me know and I know my husband will love to help. Congratulations!!!!! Sarah in Schererville
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Love love love the photo of her doing her peace sign pose in front of the statue. That is a framer! We are so enjoying reading your blog so can you just stay there a little longer so we can get our China fix. Thanks..we appreciate it.
ReplyDeleteI do look forward to seeing the day when your three girls are united for the first time. We call that day "Sister Day" and celebrate just like we would for Mother's or Father's Day. They really look forward to it. Just a thought.
Great pictures today! Probably be now, you are on the eve of packing and getting ready to leave for home!! Remembering how that felt too! We have that same suitcase we bought in China too! Leah is so beautiful in her Chinese dress!! Safe journeys home!!
ReplyDelete