All that worry was just a waste of energy. Leah is an amazingly sweet and generous girl. When we walked into the civil affairs office, there were only 2 other families getting children. When we looked at the couches lining the wall, we saw who we thought was Leah, but we weren't sure. When we got up close enough to tell, she also recognized us. She got a huge smile on her face and walked over to me and said Mama! Then she gave me a great big hug--not a shy who are you hug, but a you are my mom kind of hug. My heart just melted!
Then she turned to Jon and did the same thing--huge hug, big smiles, Baba! The rest of the day there were big smiles, holding our hands, trying to make sure she spread the love equally between us. She seems genuinely happy to have us. It goes without saying that we are extremely happy to call this girl our daughter.
She doesn't appear to be a shopper. So the "night of a thousand bribes" didn't even happen. And that was before she saw the iPod touch, so that wasn't it. She is also very generous. Anything she has she wants to share. Much like Hannah, that includes the not so identifiable food she likes. She is a smart girl, too and seems to even know some English. She would really surprise us by just popping out the English word for something. She is also a very happy girl. She went with the flow all day, laughed at all Baba's jokes, and gave back a few of her own.
We don't know why God chose to bless us with the amazing girls that he did. We are extremely thankful and blessed to have a God that would do that for us and to call these girls our daughters!
Enough of that, let's get to the pictures!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSorry I messed it up. I can't believe I saw my older sister. I am sooo glad that my parents got her in time.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that I saw pictures of my oldest sister. I hope she say yes to come home with my parents.
ReplyDeleteWe are wiping the tears from our eyes! Oh how God is good! Leah (cool name too) is just beautiful and her smile speaks volumes! So so so happy for you all! Three daughters - nothing like it!
ReplyDeleteGod is good!!! Congratulations on your beautiful, smiling, happy daughter!! I am soooooo excited for all of you! Such a blessing to your sweet family.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your bonding time Mama and Baba. Leah is beautiful!
Sheri
Oh.My.Goodness!!!! Leah is beautiful!!! We had been checking our computer all day just waiting to see how it all went!! We are so thankful that is has gone great and that you are all enjoying each other!!!! Praise the Lord! We are just so happy for you guys!!!! Much Love!
ReplyDeleteOh, congrats! You ask why you are so blessed...Because you have brought the blessings on yourselves. Just think how different your journey has been compared to what you thought. Amazing! You guys are amazing and so are your girls. Hoping to see you soon. So happy for you and your family! Shannon and Eric
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Karen & Jon!!! What a beautiful girl!!! She looks so happy, and so do you. :) Keeping you all in my prayers that as Leah courageously leaves behind all she has known, that she will find comfort and peace in knowing how very blessed she is and how much she will be loved! Allison
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I am glad that after all the worrying everything went so wonderfully. She is beautiful and has an absolutley beautiful smile :) I bet the girls are chomping at the bit to meet their new sister. I am so happy for all of you. I hope you have a great time on the rest of your trip and a safe journey home. Brenda
ReplyDelete