Adoption gives you some of the most amazing God orchestrated connections. We have been blessed to have those connections in both Hannah and Sarah’s adoptions. Now we can say the same for Leah. On one of the Yahoo groups that I follow, I was stunned when I saw a post with the subject line of Leah’s orphanage. Since we had learned very little about this orphanage and didn’t think they did many adoptions, the name just jumped out. I had been meaning to post to one of the groups trying to find information, so it was serendipitous when I saw this post.
I posted back as soon as I saw it, hoping to get some tidbits about Leah’s orphanage. Color me completely amazed when, after a couple postings, I realized I had met the new mother of Leah’s orphanage roommate!
We not only got some wonderful first hand information about our daughter, but we got some updated photos as well. Let me share one of the impressions of Leah that we received from this wonderful connection.
“There was something very special about her. I was immediately struck by her when I met her. There was a warmth, an innocence, a true goodness.”
International adoption is a huge leap of faith. In our human weakness, fear enters in. What a wonderful gift from God to get this small insight on our daughter! Thanks, Patricia!
No comments:
Post a Comment